View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd love to see them without the old goat. But it would be you, me, and 500 other people. It would be awesome.... for us. Old Dick needs big money..
people keep saying this, and yet SN doesn't sell nearly as many tickets or for nearly as much money as Fleetwood Mac brand does. no matter how much she and some of her fanbase are trying to push it, SN is not FM. at least not yet.

most people go to see the old brand bands and performers so they can put a notch in that they did it. i've seen plenty of social media posts saying i've seen FM, yes - unfortunately it was not the classic lineup (wish it was!), but i can say i saw them. and that's from people who actually have some idea that there was more than a single lineup. most people just know the songs and the band name and are more than happy to go for a singalong and saying they saw FM while they still existed. even if the song they liked the best was Don't dream it's over.

there's more than a good chance that like other bands without key members, FM brand name, with proper advertising (and without organized PR against them) would sell tons, although probably there would be a good number of people disappointed there is no witchy woman there. managers didn't want to risk it in 2018, so we'll never know.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"