View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
How can they still need money? What on earth are they doing with it?

This does feel to me like the end of the band as going concern. Of course they could still get together and play without any of this stuff, but it just looks like a winding down. At least Lindsey and Stevie are still out there, even with diminished powers. But it's sad to watch this epic band fading away.
Its always Mick that needs money. He is so bad with money and always finds ways to get petty cash. Wasn't it reported many years ago how he rents his restaurant for the hours its not open or something? I cant remember the details but an unusual move for a restaurant owner who is the founder of one of the biggest music bands in the world. He probably made at least 5 million with On With The Show tour and probably another 5 million off the following tour. Yet he sells his presence to the fans for a few hundred. Nothing wrong with making money. But it just seems he should not be in the position to keep looking for ways to make petty cash. How much could he have made off the meet and greets with On With the show? Maybe $50,000? Would that not be less than he would make off one show? Selling your RRHOF award is an insult to the Hall IMHO. There are NFL stars who hit rock bottom and were forced to sell their Super Bowl ring. It almost seems like that. He just seems like he will do anything for a nickel. Why not go all the way and sell your Grammy and all your rights to The Visitor. That should make him at least another $12.95

This is connected to Lindsey's firing. If Mick did not have this mindset, he would not let Stevie lead him around on a leash. He only cared about her ticket sales draw and not about the legacy of the band. If he was not like this, its possible it might not have happened. Which is why he is so nice to Lindsey these days. He wants him back for another reunion tour. Every step he makes is calculated in where the next dime is coming from. Its sad and how a drug addict thinks. Where is your next hit coming from?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-08-2022 at 10:54 AM..