View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could maybe only see something like this happening as a Record Store Day exclusive release. Those don't need to move a huge number of copies as scarcity is part of the appeal.

My unrealistic ideas for the content:

1. Recording of a 1984 live show. This seems easiest to pull off.

2. Early years best-of compilation, with selects from Chicken Shack, Christine Perfect album, and pre-1975 FM. Unlikely as it would involve getting rights from 3 different entities, and Christine seemed embarrassed of her first solo album for her whole life so she probably wouldn't have wanted more attention drawn to it.

3. 1988-1995 compilation, with all her songs from BTM and Time plus Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and ALAYF. This is one of my favorite Christine eras. So many of these songs were of the same caliber as her biggest hits but got little to no exposure because of the context they were released in.

4. In my most fantastical, least probable dreams, she left behind a bunch of secret demos for that blues album she was always talking about making, and there is someone with access to them who has the means to get them produced, pastiched into an album, and released.