View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yes. They were on their way to Journey, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, etc territory at that point. 1-2 original or “known” members and some randoms replacing the classic lineup with a set mostly paying homage to the songs that made them most famous. Once they reaffirmed the classic lineup in 1997, going back to something resembling that 94-95 thing would be even worse and totally unnecessary in 2023. A Fleetwood Mac with no McVie’s and only one of the classic three songwriters would be worse.
I think I’ve said that I bought tickets for the 2018 Tour because I thought there was going to be songs from a new album or a new EP performed. I also don’t hide that I’m a Stevie fan first so I’d see her in any lineup.
The 1994-1995 lineup played Time songs in their set. I respect that and even though Mick regretted that lineup in his second book, I respect that lineup as Fleetwood Mac because they made art. I am not an oldies person, I want to hear new music in the live show.
While I call the 2018 lineup Fleetwood Mac, I don’t have respect for the tour because the new lineup did not play new studio songs. But I did give them about a thousand bucks in the tickets I bought for the four shows I attended before I knew what the setlist would be.
Stevie is my favorite artist of all time but after SYW, she turned FM into a jukebox group when they could have been like Springsteen who only tours with new music. She had all the power in the band and could have yelled at Lindsey in the studio in 2008, 2012, and 2014 and threaten to quit but she just didn’t want to make new music with Fleetwood Mac. I think she used Lindsey as her reason for not wanting to do a FM album but it was her fear of poor sales.