View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, Mick mentions it while telling about the BN farewell tour.

At the last show, Lindsey announced that they were joining Fleetwood Mac, and the audience could only gape, silently. What, Lindsey Buckingham wondered, were they getting themselves into?
But their luck had turned.
Years later, Stevie confided: "We fell into the American Dream out of nowhere. We were just nowhere."
Stevie said in the early 80s that they were better then then they were now. Do you remember the interview I think with Mary Turner where Stevie bashes the Rolling Stone review that calls her voice callow? This is the interview I am talking about. The interviewer says something like "but your voice is so unique" and Stevie tells the Rolling Stone story. But then she adds " We exactly did not get people falling out of their chairs telling us how good we were before we joined Fleetwood Mac. But we were better then than we are now because we worked and practiced every day.'
Granted Stevie was projecting a bit because she was ditching recording for partying in those days. But you could sense the resentment in her voice that joining Fleetwood Mac had people falling out of their chairs telling them how good they were.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-08-2023 at 02:53 PM..