View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It read to me like you were saying Stevie thought Buckingham Nicks were better than Fleetwood Mac, whereas I read it as she thought she and Lindsey were better as an entity when they were Buckingham Nicks because they worked together every day. I’m sure Stevie resented people not falling out of their seats sooner, just as I think Mick and Christine felt vindicated for all of their years of recording and touring (John seemed to resent the “overnight success” narrative).
Yes exactly. However you realize there is a very, very fine line in distinguishing what you are saying. Yes she definitely thinks they were better then because they practiced every day. But when you practice every day, does it not make you better? I am not trying to be devil's advocate but its just the reality of the statement. I dont know if you heard the clip before but her tone was a tad angry circling back to what the interviewer commented on that her voice was so unique. She uses the Rolling Stone article to go on the attack about that as if saying ....yes everyone says my voice is unique today and we sell millions of records but my voice was unique then and we worked harder why were we not acknowledged? Its not an attack on Fleetwood Mac. Its her going after the doubters of Buckingham Nicks and the reviews of her first Fleetwood Mac album. She's not saying she is not thankful for being in Fleetwood Mac. She is going after her critics who now are praising her. I think the confusion between us is the context of her statements. Have you heard the interview? She always sounded angry in it. Its where she also says she says she does not want to get old and tour too much. She says rock n roll people in their 40s look like their 50s and 60s and she does not want that to happen to her. Then she says no matter how much you drink or dont drink, its really hard to get through those long Fleetwood Mac tours.
This was also the era of her being the "baby sister" in interviews. She's projecting her insecurity.

And what is she doing? She's on the road as an old woman something she claimed she did not want to happen.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-12-2023 at 05:57 AM..