View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree. At one of the shows there was literally no applause. It was weird and I could almost feel Stevie's concern. Hardcore fans know the song and its wonderful but they made a pit bull of a song and turned it into a mouse. No rock out at the end either. YES YES YES, Sara would have been better. However I do give them credit for going into the vault and doing a fan favorite. It just did not go over well at all.
I don’t even think the 2013-15 Sisters of the Moon was that bad. The arrangement musically stuck close to the recorded version which is exactly what I’d expect from this band at that point in time. Stevie’s choices vocally were definitely bland but so are most of her vocals in the last 20 years. I thought the repetitive “sister…sister…sister” was lame and the lack of the arrangement fans familiar with the song’s live performances on the Tusk and Mirage Tours was an expected letdown. If anyone thought this song was being resurrected 30+ years later and would remotely resemble the Mirage Tour Video performance, they were being delusional.