View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
After being such a hardcore fan ever since the white album, it feels so strange to have zero interest in $tevie's new music or concerts. It's absolutely true that it's a huge investment to go to a concert these days, (and for all these years, I NEVER missed a show if it was within six hours of me), but I just don't like her anymore, and she comes across as corny and lame. I plan to see the Stones in Philly this year, The Avett Brothers with Melissa Etheridge at Red Rocks, and Dirty Heads in Virginia Beach, and none of those tickets approach the prices of $tevie's cornball snooze-fest oldies act.
I hear she's still dedicating Landslide to Christine, her "best friend in the whole world" who she hadn't talked to in three years before she passed away. I think the dedication is more about making Stevie look good than it is about honoring Christine. If Stevie really cared about what Christine thought, maybe she wouldn't have insisted on firing Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Unfortunately new music would also come with new lyrics.
Unfortunately Stevie doesn't really write music, unless you count her piano demos (which she has never released as finished songs), so lyrics are all she has to offer - and I for one think she has written some great lyrics over the years. But she has also written a bunch of crap, like "Mabel Normand" or "When I See You Again" ("And she stares at the stairs"), so I really don't know if she releases some new songs whether they will be any good or not. But I hope she releases them anyway.

Last edited by secret love; 03-10-2024 at 01:00 AM..