View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 08:41 AM

Lindsey's playing and artistry has a lot of character and some very fast soloing skills. He stood out in a very quirky band. At one time he had great vision and arranging skills with Ken and Richard. He was an absolute gem for this band. Those visions and guitar riffs were limited, in my opinion. As time went on, his motif's kept showing up everywhere. (or, playing Trouble or NGBA at slow speed).. uhhh..

And that's not a bad thing, I just don't see the "visionary out there" stuff like he does. I think of David Bowie or Prince when I think in those "rock visionary terms".

It just shows how good the core was to play to with all different styles and characters. And.... allow them sound amazing. Green, Spencer, Kirwin, Welch, Buck, Vito, etc. You have to be pretty flexible to handle all that for 50 years!

I feel like FM was a lot farther in talent and musicianship than B/N. The lift in success was mutual. Two women, 3 writers, 3 singers, great harmony, sex appeal, the 70;s, explosive live shows, and rumours. (The album and the drama.)

Lightning strikes, maybe once. maybe twice.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-19-2024 at 09:44 AM..