View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How so? LindseyÂ’s comments about a Buckingham Nicks reunion tour being impossible between legs and Stevie not focusing on new material to Rolling Stone in December, 2012, calling IrvingÂ’s baby a cash grab that didnÂ’t speak to the bandÂ’s aspirations, and being difficult during tour negotiations were probably, in their minds, fireable offenses that were entirely all on Lindsey. ItÂ’s all about perspective.
I get The Classic festival point, difficult in tour negotiations - which I guess means he wanted to do shows on off days, and that Stevie didn't want to make a new album - which he said in 2008 as well.

I don't get the opinion that the Buckingham Nicks Reunion Tour was a hand on the axe that struck him in 2018.

First thing is the 2013 Tour was the most lovefest Stevie and Lindsey FM tour ever. She was dedicating songs to him. She cried real tears when he dedicated Say Goodbye to her. She didn't seem mad at him at all that tour. Tons of smiling.

Second, Stevie talks out of her behind a lot. Examples include the Rhiannon film and now it's a mini-series, a multi-hour concert where she would play songs from every single album from Bella Donna to In Your Dreams (24KG wasn't released when she promised this), a second 24KG album and a tour where she would perform songs she didn't perform from IYD and 24KG on their respective tours, "I don't take vacation after making an album or going on tour" etc.

Third, FM's 2013 North America Tour started April 4 and stopped July 6. The Europe Tour went from September 24 to October 26. I am not sure how many days of rehearsals they had with Christine. We know from Mick's second book that they played a few songs with her but decided they would only do Don't Stop with her. And the plan was to tour Australia and New Zealand in November in December I think. So there could not have been a BN Tour booked for November or December since Stevie always says they get to Australia like a month before the tour starts to adjust to the time change.

It's a fact that Stevie needs rest between legs. Remember how she told Christine to get a trainer because the shows are grueling. Lindsey did mention he wanted to go on vacation with his family in July of 2013 too. Let's just say they didn't need rest. When would there have been time for Buckingham Nicks to rehearse? I think FM rehearsed from March 1 until April.

Lindsey also mentioned that playing in between legs would probably not give them enough time to play a number of shows to make a profit. That doesn't sound like an unintelligible statement by Lindsey but I'm open to understanding if it is.

The thing about Lindsey doing shows in 2018 on off days that perhaps make it different than doing them in 2012 is that Heywood and Tuggle are already on the road with FM. I guess it would have come down to the drummer Jimmy Paxson because he wasn't on the FM Tour. Maybe they would be worried Lindsey's voice would be worse off for doing solo shows on the days off.

Addition to OP: Taku could have played in Lindsey's solo band since he did on the Under The Skin Tour. Maybe even Steve Rinkohv. Mick did an interview for Unleashed where he said he was considering whether or not to bring a percussionist on tour. I guess Lindsey told Mick they could save money by having Steve do percussion. Steve also did his usual behind the scenes drumming on the Say You Will Tour too. It's quite interesting. I'd love for someone to show me a Fleetwood Mac video from 2003 to MusiCares that I can hear a prerecorded track, percussion, or music other than the fake horns in Tusk!

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 04-21-2024 at 11:00 AM..