View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I know. Did it sell that many? I remember in 2012, she expressed her sadness that it sold 100,000 copies for a "star like moi".

I still want to know how many downloads of Show Them The Way there were. She did a lot of print interviews for its release and CBS New Sunday Morning. People said it was in the top 10 of iTunes download on the day of release but what does that mean? 100,000 downloads?
I think it was a 2013 interview (it's on YouTube probably), Stevie said "it (IYD album) probably sold like what, 300,000 copies, not that many copies, but I personally sold every one" (I'm paraphrasing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh, it's no doubt that he's a great producer. It's just that his mileage will vary greatly when it comes to Stevie and her demos.
Stevie's great weakness is and always has been since she started writing songs, that she cannot write good music - yes, she writes iconic lyrics like Rhiannon, Landslide, Silver Springs, etc - but her piano playing and guitar playing is... a bit s-h-i-t. I'm sorry to her fans (of which I am one), but the woman cannot play to save her life. She can accompany herself as a solo performer but not in the way Lindsey did with his One Man Show, etc, no - Stevie will never come close to that.

As such she relies too heavily on other musicians and electronic producers like Dave Stewart. If she had just focused on playing her instrument better back when she was still playing guitar and piano and not just using them as a writing tool for songwriting (this was only a brief period in her very early career)... maybe she could put out new songs now without paying Dave Stewart, Greg Kurstin and Sheryl Crow the megabucks.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by secret love; 04-30-2024 at 04:21 AM..