View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Ledgie

Another question, is the set list the same between Sausalito & Hempstead or are these two recordings quite different, setlist & performance wise? Does anyone prefer one over the other? Also, I'm thinking the Sausalito recording is the one a.k.a. Bermuda Triangle, so is the Hempstead recording, a.k.a. Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up?...just throwing this out, I have no clue. ChiliD, you mentioned that the WTRFMPSU included more songs, "Believe Me" was one, but I thought it was still from Sausalito?

How does a recording like this get out to circulate...bootleg...if this is the appropriate term? Is it because of an indescretion by some studio engineer? or other, any ideas? Wouldn't it make sense for Reprise to release these and stop the bootlegging of these recordings, or cost wise they deem in non-profitable, not enough units would sell? I'm assuming now that it is Reprise that holds the master tape of these, any ideas?

How did the Grateful Dead do it? They actually encourage taping of their shows. I heard someone mention that, that sort of idea would encourage the record companies to also record the show to compete with the bootlegged version. However, the cost of releasings wouldn't be profitable, but maybe releasing the best performance from a single tour might compete with the bootleggers. Some of the Grateful Deads, are available as Dick's Picks named after the renowned late Deadhead Dick Latvala, who had a massive collection of Dead concerts he recorded. The Grateful Dead eventually hired him as their official archivist. Maybe those poorer quality FM audience recordings could gain a similar release, but we don't know how poor the recordings of these are and would anyone be interested? Has anyone heard a live version of "Future Games", I've heard it was really something, and most likely on the Bare Tree's audience recording?

I'm only speculating on these things and hoping to generate some feed back. Thanks for listening!

"The Earth is good, why do we abuse it?"...Ray Thomas