View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Teedee, if you think the stuff you're hearing on the radio is great music, that tells me all I need to know.

There's a difference between music that is original and creative, and it just happens to achieve commercial success, and music that is written expressly to be played on the radio. Very different situations. If you like formulaic commercial music, good for you. To me, it stinks.
carne believe me when i say i dislike most of the music thats out here today, these young artists today are just puppets. but when i say a commercial song by fleetwood mac, i in no way mean to compare its credibility to the crap thats out there today. i dont think even fm's worst song is as half as bad as what they play on the radio. i just think one great commercial song sometimes helps lead the buyer to the store. unfortunately , the radio too is a business that gets its palms greased and is told what to push. so , older bands are in a lose lose situation when it comes to radio play.. with the mac, i think the touring is there success machine. it would be just nice to be driving in the car and here a new fm song on the radio and not just the classics... altho my heros are all from the sixtys , seventies and eighties.