View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
... perhaps someday we would reunite and re-record or "spruce up" these old recordings...
Just my opinion, but please don't alter the original recordings. I understand that they'll be coming from 35 year-old tapes and that they won't be perfect, and I'm totally fine with that. I want to hear what you guys sounded like THEN, since I've been waiting since the early '80s when I found out that Fritz even existed in the first place.

Sure, re-master them and get the best sound you can, just please don't recreate parts that are missing or overdub parts you don't like today, etc. As a fan, I want to hear the recordings as historical record, not as some attempt for them to be a viable recording in today's market. Just give us music that sounds as good as possible, with extensive liner notes on what's missing or what parts couldn't be saved in the mastering process. Oh yeah, and lots of pictures and written stories from everyone involved on what it was like to be Fritz at that time, playing with all the rock-n-roll legends onstage up and down the Cali coast.

If everyone wants to reunite and jam and record NEW music, or completely re-record the older material as a kind of counterpoint to the original recordings, I'm fine with that too, and I hope you all have all the fun in the world doing so. Again, just please don't alter the originals in any way with new recordings or studio tricks. It would be like re-creating your high school yearbook and substituting a better picture of yourself. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of.