View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I read recently where the average price of a one-bedroom apartment in NYC is now over--get this--a million dollars. How the hell does anyone come up with a million bucks to buy an apartment? What kinds of salaries must these people make to afford to live in New York?

And Strand--it amazes me, and actually somewhat frightens me, that you have a working knowledge of NYC real estate firms! I love looking at those sites though-fun to see how the other have lives even if I can't figure out how the hell they afford it!
Well, ya gotta be prepared

Seriously, to give you an example of why, I have a bunch of friends and relatives who live there. Some wealthy friends of mine about two years ago bought a million $$$ one bedroom place in a FABULOUS building on Central Park West. I got to look at the places they looked at, which included Roberta Flack's place in the Dakota. It was inspiring and somewhat scary and perhaps even humiliating all at once I also thought about moving to NYC. I just had issues with having no space, etc. I like having a yard or at least access to one, which meant I had to live on Fifth (no way $$$$$ wise) or Central Park West, on which I could have affroded a rental facing a wall - But, I chickened out Also, two Scotties in an 800 sq. foot apt. and working all day is a receipe for TROUBLE Thus, I visit Manhattan with no commitment

BTW - if you want to get your socks knocked off - go here:

http://www.corcoran.com/property/lis...stingID=742970

Unreal isn't it

Please also note that to live here, you have to pay the entire $70 million in cash, have probably at least that much afterward, and be able to meet the $47,767 MONTHLY maintenance cost

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-09-2004 at 08:06 PM..