View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default A bunch of random questions

Since I couldn't find what I thought was the proper foru, I thought I would pst here since some of the questions are around The Dance.

Note that I am a newbie fan, so some of these may seem a bit 'simple' to the experts here

First off, I got the DVD about a week ago and I swear my wife is ready to pack up and leave given the number of times I have played it. I read a bunch of reviews on amazon that were VERY positive, but I had no idea it was THIS good. After seeing this DVD I am thoroughly convinced that Lindsey Buckingham is the greatest guitar player to walk the planet!

Given that, I have a bunch of questions around this show and other topics.

- I understand that The Dance was more than one show. How many shows were there?

- Anyone know anything more behind the USC marching band finishing the last 2 songs? I thougth that was absolutely brilliant!

- How was the setlist derived and does anyone know why "Little Lies" was omitted?

- Is Stevie sober during this time (and now)? She looked TERRIBLE in the Tang in the Night DVD and I am guessing she had some issues.

- Is this DVD, TITN and the making of Rumours the only FM DVD's available?

- The encore on this DVD seemed very odd. Othr bands will let the crowd really ask them to come back (Depeche Mode is great at this), so since this is only the second live show I have seen, is the encore behavior a common one (i.e. waiting 30 seconds before coming back out)?

- Was it a common thing to have extra drums, keyboards and guitars in teh background for all FM shows?

- Did any of the new songs from this show ever charr? I LOVE "Little Demons"!

- Given all the hits over the years, and the early succes of the band, does anyone know how many formal music videos the band made? I know of "Little Lies", "Hold On" and while I have never seen it, I understand there is a video for "Everywhere".

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Pat

Invsible College
http://www.collegemusicrecordings.com