View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
It's not mean or dishonest, but I don't think it's accurate. Lindsey certainly likes his solitude, but there have always been friends -- mainly fellow musicians -- buzzing around him, recording with him, even living with him.
I never noticed any close friendship among that whole group of people, except for the very obvious instance of Stevie & Mick.

The other three didn't socialize with one another outside Fleetwood Mac events.

I have some LB interview (from about 1993?) where he says he had maybe one close friend (meaning Richard, i believe.) I certainly think he knew tons of people/musicians etc but as far as actually 'giving yourself emotionally' in a close friendship, I doubt he had much of that years ago. Hopefully now that has changed, as he seems to have found more balance in his life.

And also I would venture to say that Mick, John and Chris most definitely did have a friendship outside of FM events; they were more than just co-workers, they had a 'family' type feeling where they did keep up w/ each other. Now, though, I guess things have changed a bit, they're not 15 min away from each other anymore...

Not sure the fling between M and S constituted a true 'friendship' ...? IMO there were much closer friendships within the band than that! Although now they do seem to be tight w/ each other, that's true.

-Lis