View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I see what you're saying about friends vs. pals. However, I think it can be taken a step further. Whereas Mick and Stevie are friends who do a lot together outside of Fleetwood Mac, I see Mick, John, and Christine as being more of a sibling group. If one were to get into trouble, the other would stop what he or she was doing to help out. Especially on the part of Christine. She bailed out Fleetwood Mac in 1970, gave Mick $50K in 1984, and lent John her keyboards in 1992 for his album.

There just seems to be an undying loyalty between those three that does not exist anywhere else in the band. Notice how Stevie and Lindsey quit, but Christine retired. There were hostilities when Lindsey quit and when Stevie quit. But, they gave Christine the gracious exit, and she, in turn, has been very gracious towards the band. Food for thought.
I would agree with that. Chris has described Mick & John as being like brothers to her & I know that Mick has often described Chris as being like a sister to him. I think Chris & Mick are still very close, even though they now live on different continents. I'm not as sure about John now though. I hope so.

I'd never heard that she lent her keyboards to John for his solo album. I wonder why she didn't make a little guest appearance herself then.