View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I see what you're saying about friends vs. pals. However, I think it can be taken a step further. Whereas Mick and Stevie are friends who do a lot together outside of Fleetwood Mac, I see Mick, John, and Christine as being more of a sibling group. .
I just added a 1999 interview from Mick in the Rumours forum, but here's a quote that sort of has to do w/ what we're discussing here..thought it was nice:

Through the years and various line ups, the twin threads of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie have remained unbroken. "John’s been my mate and protector right from the beginning. When I replaced a well known drummer in a band and one guy in the audience started booing me, John stepped up to the mike and told him to shut up and give me a chance. That was my first taste of John McVie’s capacity for friendship and it’s never wavered. I was in a terrible mess with my wife and Stevie but John would just be, like, ‘You’ve got yourself in a pickle, haven’t you?’ And I was having a go at him because he was splitting up from Christine, which broke my heart.
"John’s very different from me. He’s very bright, well read, understated. We don’t see that much of each other, but he is like my brother."

-Lis