View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well, she's never been at master at putting words to music. Just look at Ghosts, my word. Or The Nightmare.

My only problem with an otherwise enjoyable song is that it seems as if she thumbed through The Book of Romantic Cliches and lifted lines straight from it. Some of the lyrics are mind-numbingly awful.

And you don't have to stop, I never do.
I like Ghosts, because I understand the phrase "it's just a ghost of what you used to be" and all the other phrases like that. Mostly, though, I don't care about the lyrics, I just look for the notes I like, and I almost always like stevie's voice quality *addicted*. In reality, I think many, many, of her lyrics are really bad... (there, I admitted it) but I also think she has really bad lyrics interspersed with good in the same song...that's why I ignore the lyrics and just glean the music (band, production) and THE VOICE. To be a stevie fan, I think that's what you have to do...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -