View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, the stuff you just posted is sadly biased beyond the point of being beneficial.

First: Terry received treatment until 1994.

Second: over 16 judges and 8 court certified doctors have agreed that she is in a vegetative state from which recovery is not possible. Only one doctor has said there is hope of recovery and that is the doctor employed by the parents.

Third: the settlement the Schiavo's received due to malpractice was spent on her treatment and each time any money from this is used it is monitored by the courts.

Fourth: He won't divorce her because he seems to firmly believe that his wife would prefer to die and if he divorces her his wife will continue to suffer (in his opinion). I honestly can't believe that people buy into the idea that the husband has shady motives. He has been fighting to allow her suffering to end since 1998 (4 years after the first doctors told him it was hopeless). Over the course of the various legal battles (all of which would require an unprecedented amount of time and energy on his behalf) he has never wavered. He has been offered over 10 million dollars from various private donors to divorce Terry and he has never done so.

Fifth: I am not saying either side is correct here, but the criticisms of Mr. Schiavo were invented by the parents to discredit him, something he has never done to them. The best objective source for information on this case has already been posted in this thread, but here it is again:

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Here is a great timeline for all the court cases, treatments, settlements, court-appointed gardianships, everything you need to make an INFORMED opinion:

http://www.miami.edu/ethics2/schiavo/timeline.htm

Michael

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks

Last edited by thepoetinmyhear; 03-21-2005 at 08:18 AM..