View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
From the site Mikki posted:

Doesn't this say something about his intentions?

"Recently, Michael received an offer of $1 million, and perhaps a second offer of $10 million, to walk away from this case and permit Terri's parents to care for her. These offers, assuming there were two, were based on a misunderstanding of the situation here. Michael lacks the power to undo the court order determining Terri's wishes and requiring the removal of her feeding tube. He did not make the decision and cannot unmake it. The court made the decision on Terri's behalf. Nonetheless, Michael apparently rejected each offer."

Granted, he didn't have the power anyway, but if he were just thinking of himself, wouldn't have take the money? Just a thought.
Absolutely. This is far more money being thrown around than originally was awarded to the Schiavos in the malpractice suit. The second offer, incidentally was confirmed by Florida radio station so take that with as much salt as you feel is necessary.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks