Thread: Greeny Pvk era
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet

"Goldtop" is a great album. I was a fan of Snowy's even before I was a fan of Peter's, and this CD was partly how I discovered Peter's music. There are two outtakes - "In The Skies" and "Slabo Day" (both instrumentals) and they're pretty damn good, particularly Slabo Day. There is a load of Snowy's other stuff on there too and it's a good way to start if you don't know much of his music.
bb- thanks, this is a big help. i am a big snowy fan. i did it the other way round from you. when in the skies came out i wondered who the hell snowy white was. i didn't really discover snowy's solo material until many years later when i got 'highway to the sun' which i love. i've been chipping away at his back catalog ever since. to my taste snowy's much better than bernie marsden and infinitely better gary moore as upholder of peter's legacy. makes gary sound like a hack which is quite a trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
Also, I understood that most/all of the Kolors album consists of outtakes from the White Sky album sessions, rather than earlier albums. Could be wrong though - doesn't it say in the Celmins biography? My copy is hundreds of miles away and I can't check
i believe you are right about kolors- my understanding too was that it is white sky material- the band is white sky composition. i don't know where the legend material comes from though- i thought it was pvk but i'm out of my depth there.

zero