Thread: Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I like you. I said the Stevie remark. I don't over analyze every remark I make(I'm a guy!). I typed it, and stand by my opinion. If it upset you, I'm sorry for that.
Oh no. I'm not upset. I just disagree. But thanks for clarifying and all, 'cause I wasn't sure if you were okay with us debating. I was afraid I might be pissing you off by continuing it. I'm glad we can do that.
Quote:
Hmmm. I've never been there, but it sounds like a nice place to visit.
If you like being critical of Stevie, it's the place for you! Other Stevie message boards? Not so much.
Quote:
Religion (shudder).

Quote:
You know, when I was a freshman in college, I had a girlfriend who was really into Stevie. She herself was very much like Stevie, with all the spacy stuff. Kind of even had Stevie's look. She really, over time, drove me crazy with that stuff. When I broke up with her, she tried to commit suicide, taking a bottle of pills and locking herself in her room. Her friends came and got me. I talked her out of her room, got her to the hospital for a stomach pump, and RAN LIKE HELL. I think that moment is when I developed an aversion to all things mystical. THAT, is why I prefer REAL and NORMAL.
I can understand your aversion, then. That must have been really, really frustrating and painful. That being said, I don't think it makes it okay to make generalizations, even though I do understand where you're coming from. It's not the same, but it's comparable to someone I know who was raped by two black guys. Ever since, she has had an aversion to black guys and makes a point of staying away from them. I understand why she's afraid but I still don't think it's okay. I hope she gets past it one day so that a whole group of people doesn't have to be held responsible for the actions of two.

Last edited by GateandGarden; 04-17-2005 at 07:13 PM..