Thread: Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I still just have a problem with the whole comparison thing. I really do think it takes something away from both people, if the one you're praising can't stand alone and you have to make the other one look bad.
Actually, in most contexts, I would completely agree. I ALWAYS get a little miffed when people start trashing Billy, Rick, Bekka, and Dave (the nineth member of the Mac to be inducted, albeit with Traffic). Some Green fans get on my nerves when they dismiss everything after Peter. Lindsey/Stevie fans annoy me when they say things like there was no Mac before Stevie and Lindsey, or that Fleetwood Mac was just a blues band prior to 1975. (Wow, I bet Bob Welch would be shocked to learn he's a blues man.) For me, it's all good. But this is a little different in that we are talking about human attraction.
Quote:
And why do you keep saying "GUYS" in all caps like that? Some of us chicks only like chicks! Are we qualified to talk about that at all?
Actually, I keep saying GUYS because, well, I've seen the guys Christine has gone for, and honestly, if I were twenty years older, I'd have a shot. I mean, what a wonderful woman. She's pretty, she's down-to-earth, she's talented, she likes dogs, she's rich and famous, she has (or had) a boat, and she likes men of the two-to-three-beers-before-they-seem-like-a-good-idea variety. She's everything I've ever wanted in a woman! But, yes, I guess girls who like girls can talk about that, too.
Quote:
(I usually make out with people I don't know, but I think I could make out with both of those ladies if they wanted to! )
YOU GO GIRL!!!

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-18-2005 at 05:57 PM..