View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
I have to agree...
I'd say the best thing if there must be a reunion is they play in private or maybe make a record. No greatest hits tour!
dino! i hear you. i still don't think this is a good idea and that it won't happen due to peter's and jeremy's reluctance. they both have good reasons to not be involved.

but as you say, assuming that mf's motives for bringing this up every few years selfless and not related to $$, the only way it would be worthwhile for all involved is get together and play. the blues, freeform, who cares? make a record if it works. move on if it doesn't.

greatest hits tour- i think you got that right too. pete wouldn't play lead on any of his hits except rattlesnake shake when he did them with the splinter group, so how would they do those on tour? jeremy wouldn't even play rhythm guitar on pete's songs the first time round.

but i would love to see the return of vince earl and the valents. with gold lame, expanded waistlines, and with wigs to hide all their bald heads, the mid 70's elvis and aging rocker parody potential is huge.

best to all, zero