View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac getting back together sounds great on paper, and although I highly doubt it will happen, I for one would love to see it.
A tour? Never happen. IMHO. You won't even see a set of dates at one location, such as the Cream reunion at Royal Albert Hall.
Too much pressure. Expectations couldn't be met.
It needs to be a low key affair. Best bet, an unannounced Festival Appearance or a few pub dates. Bring it back to the beginning. Put them in a small pub and just let them play. No need to "put on a show". Flub an intro? Forget a line? Laugh it off or actually just stop everything and start again.
Just a group of musicians with a shared history playing because they enjoy making music together. (Gee, what a concept )
You say Mick wouldn't go for it, 'cause they wouldn't make any money? Tape the show for release on DVD. Just like the Cream reunion.
As far as going into the studio, what would they record? Old Mac songs? You would lose the spontaneity of the live setting, even if they cut the tracks live without overdubbing, you would lose the excitement of audience, unexpectedly seeing what no one thought they would ever see or hear again.
More importantly, if they made a new CD, they would have to promote it.

While I don't believe Danny is in any shape to join them, it would be great to see some real collaboration between Peter and Jeremy. Maybe Jeremy would be more willing to play on Peter's songs now. Jeremy playing second guitar or even better, piano on some of the old Mac songs would change them completely.
If Jeremy was still reluctant, it would be great to see if they could talk Christine into sitting in on few numbers.

I'm curious as to what people would like to hear them do if it ever did happen.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder