View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I think the PGSG ended up being more work than Peter bargained for in the beginning. Once that first album came out, it was "record, tour, record, tour" almost endlessly until Peter bailed out. Nigel (I'm assuming) was the "evil task-master" and workaholic of the band. I think Peter just needed a break from the constant working environment.

Just spottd your note. Yes, it was tour, record, tour, record and yes perhaps Watson ws the evil taskmaster, but that is business. Everyone benefitted and the court was happy that Greeny was making good money, more than hed made for years and it is their lawful duty to care for his money, so what weve got is NW pushing the band (and why not ? its business and anyone would do the same) and pushing bookers and promoters and record companies. No one else in the band would do it and the court wouldnt even get involved with that sort of thing - running a business. Petger didnt bail out, he was pulled out by the court. he was really looking forward to the US tour that was lined up just before he was pulled, although it was possible he had had enough and wanted a change. Anyway from what Ive read he's appy so thats fine.