View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

there really are different types of homeless people. Please dont' jump me because I'm not claiming to be some expert. I'm from a very small town of 35,000. so we really don't have a lot of homeless ppl, and the ones we do, are very capable of going to shelters, blah blah blah. But I think some people's perception of homeless people is that "lazy, blah blah blah" because most of the people in MY hometown at least ARE very capable of getting jobs. (meaning...there are jobs around...but they may not if they are mental ill and all that) but The type of homeless people we have in Big Henderson Kentucky are the ones' spitting out 7-8 children just to get more money. Now I am not cracking on ppl on welfare by any stretch, BUT, my husband manages the only public pool in my hometown and I've seen it, day in and day out. They come to the pool and sit there enjoying the sun while my ass is out working. NOW...to be on topic.....I realize that New Orleans is COMPLETELY different. It IS a poverty stricken area, and people really are unable to get jobs and they desperately need help. Maybe the only GOOD that will come of this is they will be relocated and will receive help and maybe will have a fresh start and new beginning. But it is easy for ppl from small towns to think they are all lazy etc because those are the kind we have around here..... o.k...I've definately rambled way too much..but that was just my 25 cents....let the firing begin....