View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
Regarding those PG era thumbnails you posted, like gldstwmn said they were in the GH doc, but originally I think they're from a BBC show, I think the thumbnails are from them performing "Oh well". Pieces of this performance has shown up in many docs like the late 80's British TV ones (FM@21, SOFM, etc.) & I'm sure this is the same show where they performed "Like crying" & "Linda" (& those full performances of course are on the "Early years" DVD). Hope this helps, and here's hoping we get this FULL OW performance on a DVD someday as the parts I have seen/heard of it are killer!

John
I'm not sure I've seen those short clips from this "Oh Well" performance....maybe I've seen them and just forgotten about it. I figured they must have been playing "Oh Well" since Peter has his Dobro. And I'll have to take another look at the "Early Years", but I think bretonbanquet is correct about "Like Crying" & "Linda" being from a different performance.

In general, I'm so disappointed that there aren't more videos in existence of the early band. There are so many video clips I see from other late '60s bands, and it seems like Fleetwood Mac were popular enough that there would have been more film of them than just the few clips that have been released on "Early Years" and the small handful of other sources. Seeing these photos that look like they're from filmed performances we may never see is very frustrating! We need someone to dig through the BBC vaults and find more!