View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

My thoughts are that he is a perfectionist. He needs to stop worrying about what the critics will think and just make the kind of music that he wants. at this point no matter what he puts out it will likely flop but at least us die hard fans would buy it and hopefully enjoy it.

As for SYW I thought that it was the best album they had produced since Tango. I liked the time album and Behind the Mask ,but I also found that of the three albums SYW had the least amount of songs I tend to skip over. The one complaint that I would have to make is that the album lacked a true sense of togetherness. It never felt that everybody was 100% behind the project and Stevies comments in those recent articles. also confirm my thoughts.

My feeling is that the band needs to pack it in. This business about touring next year with no new material to support is lame. The SYW tour sucked because it was like one big musical orchestra backing a band that was playing the same shop worn hits they had done to the death on every other tour. If the album was meant to reinvent the band the tour didn't reflect that at all. A fresher set list and no orchestra would have been alot better.

I actually think that the Henley Nicks show in Philly was 10x better then the Toronto Fm show in 2003.