Thread: Madison Blues
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I happened upon this set the other day and grabbed it. I'd only seen it in a store once before and hadn't bought it for whatever reason, but this a really great set!

The Christine Perfect Band songs are... well, not all that much to write home about, but interesting to hear nonetheless. The rest, though, all the live Kiln House-era stuff, there are some really smoking performances here, especially the seven-minute "Purple Dancer" I'm listening to right now.

It's a shame this incarnation of the band didn't last longer - it's great to hear Christine really blues-rocking out with the band at the very beginning of her tenure.

Haven't watched the Jeremy interview disc yet, but looking forward to it.

Anyone else have this set? Thoughts?

(I'm also really please with the 17 Euro price tag Now that's a deal.)
Hey Jyqm,

I just happened on this fine box set at Tower Records for $21.00. What a find! It's great.

Love the live tracks from Kilm House. Amazing. Purple Dancer (Live) and studio track are great to have. I actually enjoy the Christine Perfect Band tracks. Station Man is fantastic.

I have yet to watch the DVD of the Jeremy Spencer interview myself. That's quite an interview clocking in at 96mins.

The packaging is quite decent too.