View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Besides, I bet Stevie was better.
Actually, Bekka's tambourine was used in the mix, which wasn't the case for Stevie. But, honestly, if you get offended that somebody thinks Bekka did a better job of slapping around a tambourine, then you need to get a life.
Quote:
Also, Stevie's sense of harmony smokes anyone else's.
I've always admired that about Stevie. Actually, it's probably the biggest thing I admire about Stevie.
Quote:
Also - who does Bekka tour with? Not that I don't believe you, I just didn't realize she, uh, was with such big acts or whatever. And how is she having the most successful career? Do you mean she tours with acts as their opener or something?
No, she is a backing vocalist, to be sure. But, to say that she's ONLY a backing vocalist doesn't really tell the full story. She tours with the likes of Faith Hill and Billy Joel. In fact, the latter called her personally to sing for him. Now, how many other former members of Fleetwood Mac (or even current members of Fleetwood Mac as solo artists) are playing THAT size show? NONE! No, she isn't a headline or opening act, but damn that's an impressive gig! The only step up from that level gig is something like a Rolling Stones gig, which is ironic, as I always thought Bekka would be perfect for "Gimme Shelter." Plus, Bekka has contributed material to Faith Hill's albums. Those certainly tend to sell well, which means she's probably getting a nice chunk of money from the royalties.

Calling Bekka "just a backing vocalist" is like calling Neal Heywood "just a backing guitarist." Neal contributed to an album and did two tours (about 220 gigs) with the band. He is an important part of the overall process of making music for Fleetwood Mac, and saying anything less really undercuts his importance to that process. And, I think the same is true for Bekka in regards to Faith Hill.

THE Stephen Hopkins