View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's some interesting history between Santana and Peter Green. Thanks for passing it on! The Santana version from their live DVD of a couple years ago is like an afro-latin version with Olatunji type drums more than before, almost like Jingo was blended in. Originally Santana was titled the Santana Blues Band, and there was a CD of a Fillmore West appearance from 1967 with the original line-up. Chepito Areas came in before the first studio LP with the bongos and shook things up.

I'm glad that the founders of two of my favorite groups got along, that's great! Mike Shrieve was sure a great drummer like Mick Fleetwood! If only FM had been at Woodstock too, but then maybe the brown acid would have gotten to them!

P.S.: I actually do like The Three Suns, but for the guitars (whoever they are playing on the tracks with guitars), not the accordian or organ parts. Just in case I get set upon by a Suns worshipper.

P.P.S.: Just learned while typing that Johnny of Johnny And The Hurricanes died yesterday. You know, Red River Rock. Coincidence as I mentioned not liking organs... :^(

Last edited by becca; 05-15-2006 at 11:00 PM..