View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point, it wouldn't be WB that would be in charge of the remastering...Rhino (a subsidiary label) is the WB/Reprise/Elektra/Atlantic's "reissue" label. They've just got through a great run of reissuing Elvis Costello's catalogue, and if they can do that with HIS stuff, just imagine the great stuff they'd unearth with Fleetwood Mac!!!

Again, for the umpteenth time, is my "proposal" for the Mac's remastering project:

Then Play On-a 2 disc set: Disc 1, the album "as is", Disc 2, add "World In Harmony", "Green Manalishi", "Man Of The World" and the entire 1970 Jeremy Spencer companion album

Kiln House--add "Dragonfly & "Purple Dancer" as bonus tracks

Future Games--add "Trinity" & the alternate version of "Lay It All Down" as bonus tracks

Bare Trees--add bonus tracks!

Penguin---add bonus tracks!

Mystery To Me--reinstate "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" and other bonus tracks

Heroes Are Hard To Find---add bonus tracks

Fleetwood Mac (aka “the white album”)--add the 45 mixes of "Over My Head", "Say You Love Me" & "Rhiannon" as bonus tracks

Rumours---make a stereo CD version of the DVD-Audio (minus interviews) (reinstating "Silver Springs")

Tusk---reinstate the LP mixes of "Sara" & "I Know I'm Not Wrong"

Live (1980)---make into a 3-disc set...discs 1 & 2 the album as is, disc 3 of more live material from the tour, ie "Angel", "What Makes You Think You're The One", "Think About Me", "You Make Loving Fun", "Sisters Of The Moon"

Mirage---add "Cool Water", "Goodbye Angel", "Teen Beat" as bonus tracks

Tango In The Night---release as 2 disc set, disc 1 album as is; disc 2, the 12" extended dance remixes of "Big Love", "Seven Wonders", "Little Lies", "Everywhere", "Family Man" AND the 45 B-Sides "Down Endless Street", "You & I, Part 1", "Ricky", "Book Of Miracles".

(Delete the "Greatest Hits" disc from the catalogue)

Behind The Mask---add "Lizard People", "No Questions Asked", "As Long As You Follow", "Paper Doll", & "Heart Of Stone" as bonus tracks)

Time--add “Soccer Rocks The Globe” version of “Blow By Blow”, "Love Shines" & "Make Me A Mask" as bonus tracks

The Dance---make into a two disc set including the tunes originally left off the CD

Release a new 4-disc live box:
Disc 1: Live material from 1971-1974
Disc 2: Live material from 1975-1978
Disc 3: Live material from 1982
Disc 4: Live material from 1987, 1990, & 1994/95