View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I read this before coming to the Ledge...Prince??

Obviously, I haven't watched it yet, I will tonight.

20 Random Idol finale observations
May 25, 2006. 09:38 AM
VINAY MENON

1. Carrie Underwood thought-bubble: "Okay, now we’re even. I’m so done with American Idol after tonight."
2. Is Heather Locklear dating Ben Stiller?
3. Chris Daughtry is performing with his favourite band, Live. Guess that’s a screw-you to Fuel.
4. Did Wolfgang Puck just say kissing Kellie Pickler "was the perfect appetizer"?
5. Yes, Kellie, escargot is pronounced "escargoatee." My God, she’s going to vomit on live television!
6. In a constant attempt to make Katharine seem slimmer, producers resort to Plan B: a duet with Meatloaf.
7. Get the stun-gun before that jumping freak Dave Hoover injures somebody in the audience!
8. More Puck 'n' Pickler: Now Kellie is trying to hypnotize a lobster.
9. Are we really listening to a medley of BTO and Fleetwood Mac?
10.Um, when did Mary J. Blige enter the Witness Protection Program?
11.I think Toni Braxton is lipsynching!
12. Just what Clay Aiken needs: singing an Elton John song classic while joined on stage by a hyperventilating male superfan.
13. The finalists are performing with... Burt Bacharach? Seriously, is it 2006 or have I fallen through a hole in the space-time continuum?
14. Chicken Little just got caught between the moon and New York City.
15. Next category in the Golden Idol Awards ... 'Best Male Bonding'. This may be the first TV show that’s in the closet.
16. Prince walks off stage and Ryan Seacrest suddenly looks tall enough to play in the NBA.
17. Just before the winner is announced, Katharine and Taylor are dressed for the prom and singing a duet though neither appears to be having the time of their lives.
18. On the record 63.4 million votes, Ryan says, "That’s more than any president in the history of our country has ever received!" Yes, jackass, because teens are not permitted to vote 10,000 times each in national politics.
19. Taylor Hicks is the American Idol! And for a nice change, somebody other than Katharine’s father is crying. Don’t be shy! Let it all out, Mr. Hicks! If David Hasselhoff can weep, so can you!
20. Taylor is singing his debut single 'Do I Make You Proud?' No, not at this moment. Hey, he’s already won, no reason to sing in tune now. Soul Patrol!

Last edited by Livia; 05-25-2006 at 10:34 AM..