View Single Post
Old 04-28-2002, 10:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: COUGH COUGH COUGH

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
NO NO NO NO NO. Most of stevie's male fans are not gay. I find that extremely offensive. Just because someone has a few gay fans doesn't make them a gay icon. If someone really likes eminem, and that person is gay, does that make eminem a gay icon. NO, he publicly bashes gays. Now stevie certainly doesn't do that, but she isn't a gay icon. She is totally straight as am i, and everyone i know who is a stevie fan. I think maybe 6% of her fans are gay. The other 94% are straight. I'm not saying anything negative about yo gay people here on this board (even though i don't approve of homosexuality) but stevie is no gay icon.
No, i think by saying she's a gay icon is that a lot of gay people are intrigued and follow her career...not all gay people and not all her fans are gay...obviously we know she has tons of straight fans...but i'm gonna tell you, from my experience anyone i've ever met who was quite into stevie, have been straight girls, and gay men...not to say that this is a reflection of all fans, and i by no means figure any guy or girl who loves stevie is automatically gay, but it happens...

Hawkeye don't freak out by it...but icons like Cher, Madonna, Marilyn, and Stevie are highly loved in the gay community...

I hope this makes sense, and I'm not offending anyone!

*Jess
...We all grow up and the veils come down
But the children go on"

-Stevie Nicks