View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=zoork_1;569921... Another question; In Vienna Austria 1970-03-25 P Green appears to play a Fender Stratocaster, at least on the "Apache" part. I've been playing both Les Pauls and Strats for at least 20 years so I guess I should know. (On the other hand I've been wrong before...) Do you or anyone else know if he used Strats in other shows? I know he used one on video clips from studio out takes on Need Your Love So Bad, but I'm reflecting up on live gigs.[/QUOTE]

That's interresting, I've never heard of him using any other instrument than his Les Paul and the 6-string Fender bass (which he used on the solo part of his live performances of Green Manalishi during live shows towards the end of his FM career). I seem to remember seeing a picture of Peter with a National Steel Guitar in his hands somewhere, but I don't remember where or when (could it be in the booklet from Vaudeville Years or Live at the BBC that I've seen it?).
I saw their concert in Stockholm Sweden one week after the Vienna concert and it would be nice to compare the setlists. Do you have one, or perhaps even information on how to obtain a copy of the recording from that concert?
Is there a released recording or is it a bootleg in circulation?