View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
has anyone here used resistance bands for weight training? i decided not to renew my gym membership for next month because a) i'm cheap, b) i'm super miserly with my time, and it takes too long to drive there, wait for machines, etc, and c) my car is broken and right now, i don't care if it gets fixed (see point a). i'm looking for alternatives to machines & hand weights since i don't have any machines and hand weights can be expensive. aaanyway, i bought some resistance bands today. i tried them out and got a great upper body workout and probably the best core workout i've ever done, but not so much with the lower body. any suggestions? it doesn't really have to involve the resistance bands, i just want to make sure i'm not neglecting my legs.
Yeah, I got some. The legs/resistance mostly comes in from doing various squats while using the bands. But various squats are hard enough without the bands, so you could do that. There's the leg in front kind (not to hard, but great for the butt) then the legs side by side (hella hard, and easy to have improper form). For an alternate to legs side by side, you can do wall sits, which are hella hard as well, but don't do as much for the ol' assaroo. 90 degree angle with your legs, and just stand there with your back against the wall. A minute is hard. Then you can do calf raises, which is just up on your toes, and down, for a certain number of times, however many sets each. I like to hold my hand weights when I do calf raises, bands might be good, too. Also, I got my hand weights for 10 at Walgreen's, if you hit a cheap store you might be able to find some.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-27-2006 at 10:52 PM..