View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
You're right. For years women have not been lifting heavy enough weights because of that myth. To bulk up you'd have to really try or be a mesomorph body type. Even still, you can pack on a lot of muscle before looking bigger. I'm finding it is making me look smaller. Muscle weighs more than fat. Although some say that has also been overstated. I do 3 sets of 10 reps as advised by a trainer friend of mine.
Yeah - I knew I'd heard/read about that - and I prefer heavier weights with less reps to lower weight/more reps - but the myth is that heavier/less makes you bulk up.

Not so...at least for normal day to day workouts like what we all mostly seem to be doing. I do 3 sets - 1st set of reps 12 - then 10 then 8...that's what my trainer told me to do - although three sets of 10 works too - I like the 12-10-8 thing though....works well for me

I am at that point - if I can keep up the gym I will do ok - I'm not dreading going anymore - and I am finally, once again, feeling good after workouts - so I'm hopeful that this time I will stick with this!