View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still irked at Bob Weston for screwing up the subsequent tour. Mystery To Me could well have been (well, "was on the way" to being) what the white album ended up being, their "breakthrough" album in the US. "Hypnotized", "Believe Me", "Just Crazy Love" & "Miles Away" were getting airplay on FM Radio. The only thing they needed was an AM radio hit. (which they didn't get until "Over My Head") The tour was going over well. Then the tour was canceled due to Bob Weston & Jenny Fleetwood's affair.

And, I'm a little pissed at Mick for "going off the deep end" in 1973 when he & Jenny were having problems, yet in 1975, he didn't bat an eye about considering cancelling THAT tour when he & Jenny were breaking up again...it was "circle the wagons, we're carrying on, full speed ahead".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
The album's only weaknesses are the cover of "For Your Love," which isn't a bad song, but is unnecessary (the original is better) -- and the cover "art."
"Weaknesses"?!? Mystery To Me HAS no "weaknesses".