View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
there is a 5CD box from 2006 called "Esseitially John Mayall", that contains "The Stumble" and Double Trouble" from 1967 (with Green and Fleetwood). These are on a disc that is labeled "previously unheard live and session tracks from his (Mayall's) personal archive". So I don't know if these tracks are live or alt. studio takes.

Does anybody have this CD box?
I just got my copy of this box but there are no liner notes at all, inside the box is just the five cardboard slip cases the discs come in with virtuanlly nothing listed on them except the tracklistings. The tracks on that disc do have that live sound but more like the BBC recordings type live sound (though I've only had the chance to listen to the disc 1 or 2 times so far since I just got it. I'll come back here & elaborate on it if I think of anything else to say about it after further listens.

It does, in the most vague way, state that John McVie is on the Clapton era "Hideaway" & "Tears in my eyes" live tracks as well. Amazon actually has more info on the years these were recorded, the years recorded aren't even listed on the CD (just the last names of the personnel on the tracks)!

John