View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually Jeremy plays piano on "Oh Well part 2",
I've read conflicting reports on this...some I've read said that Peter Green plays ALL the instruments (excluding full orchestra, that is) on Oh Well, Part 2. That he taught himself to play both recorder & cello so he could accomplish that feat.

Quote:
Are you sure about this? Is there a source for this comment?
Absolutely, with not a doubt in my mind...the source? My own eyes & ears.

1) watching live (not the studio lipsyncs) versions on video...I was shocked when Danny played the "Oh Well" solos...same guitar tone as on the album.

then,
2) once I got a grasp of Danny's aggressive guitar tone, I could more easily distinguish HIS sound to Peter's...therefore being able to distinguish Danny from Peter on the rest of the album...and on other live recordings as well. Once I knew that the tone of the guitar on the "Oh Well" solos was Danny, the rest came easily.

Quote:
It could benefit from some bonus tracks too
I'd say, "Bonus DISC"...with the companion Jeremy Spencer album as it was supposed to be.

John "wetcamelfood" Fitzgerald has done some calling to WB/Reprise and they apparently divert any questions regarding updating/remastering of back catalogue to Rhino...John has contacted Rhino, got the runaround from them, too.

I'll re-post (for the umteenth time) my "remaster plan" for the Fleetwood Mac catalogue and see if anyone has any additions that I may have left out...I'll post it as a separate thread in a day or two.