View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile BECCA

i know what you mean and "I" would get a "rarities only" as would MANY others on the ledge but the LABEL doesn't see it this way and as you say BN only fans are only going to want outtakes from that era so I think this is why they would prefer to put "Rumours" outtakes on the proposed "Rumours" remastered CD (and so on) and for fans of the Peter Green era, they would put "Then Play on" outtakes on the proposed "Then play on" remastered CD.

We may be able to approach them if AFTER they remaster all of the CD's with bonus tracks there are still some rarities left, THEN they might be willing to do a "rarities only" CD but UNTIL then this is the way Rhino would do it (if at all) going by my discussions with Mr. McLees.

Maybe because the Doors stuff is under the Elektra division of WEA that they may feel differently about being more willing to do such a compilation of this sort "upfront" but the WB/Reprise division we are dealing with at Rhino unfortunately does not see it that way and the "putting the rarities on the end of the albums" is our way of "compromising", there way (as we see it) would be for them to fill up the rest of those discs with rarities.

This would seem a fair "trade" to us as, OK, we don't want to have to rebuy the albums but there is a lot of empty space on the discs we have currently and we could fill those up with all the B-sides and unreleased stuff they've got and at least we know Rhino does a good job at remastering albums so discs that need a SERIOUIS overhaul ("Mirage", etc.) could be MUCH improved upon which is a plus for us but we make it out to them like it's something we are "giving in to".

I hope this made some sense.

John