View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ARE THEY ANY GOOD?!?!?!?!?

Uh..YEAHHHHHHH!

Not to step on John's toes, but, here's my admittedly EXTREMELY biased reviews.

"King of Hearts"...more "pop" than his bluesier later albums...most of the songs on here would've been INCREDIBLE "Fleetwood Mac" songs. Personal faves from the album: "I'll Never Leave This Love Alive", "I Still Have My Guitar", "Intuition", "Honey Love". Downside: programmed drums...all these songs needed a live drummer.

"Pink & Black"...a swing blues album. Really starts to show his guitar handiwork moreso than the previous album. Not a weak song on the album. My faves: "I Loved Another Woman", "Homework", "Wouldn't Lay My Guitar Down", "Lazy Love"...oh, hell, I can't just mention a few, they're ALL good.

"Lucky Devils"...starts with a 4 second guitar riff...just takes off from there. Probably my favorite WHOLE album of his.

"Crazy Cool"...opens with "Mr. Lucky" his tribute to John Lee Hooker, who'd just recently passed away while he was recording the album. More fun swing blues type tunes...album closes with Rick's own revamped version of "Love Is Dangerous" (which I like better than Fleetwood Mac's version) Highlights: title cut, "Money & Love", the aforementioned "Love Is Dangerous".