View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Personally I think that it's been a huge regret ever since the OSOTM days. Probably even before, but that's when time really started ticking and then that ROF video with the hubby and the baby... lots of talk about career vs. family around that time and then a little later on during BTM/TS she brought up adoption a lot. It wasn't until The Dance/Enchanted that her tune all of a sudden changed and she was pretending to be perfectly happy with never having kids. But it's like that person that tells you 10 times a day that he's happy with his current job... you just know that he'd rather do something else. I got the same feeling from Stevie. The more she 'protested' the less I believed it.
I still don't think that Stevie "changed her tune," per se. I think she took stock of her life after she kicked the Klonopin addiction, and came to the realization that, as much as she would have liked to have children, she just simply wasn't willing to give up her career. That "it's not the right time" or "I haven't found the right man to be the father" were just excuses to put it off "until tomorrow."

I imagine she had one of those moments we all have, where we think, "you know, as much as I say 'I wish I had done this or that,' if I REALLY wanted to, I would have made it happen somehow."