View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile BECCA

I've written a review for the "Ram jam city" CD at the Penguin discography, here's the link:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...ramjamcity.htm

Although there really SHOULD be a comp of DK's solo stuff covering all of his solo stuff, RJC is not really that (although many often think it is), it's basically just everything (except "Love can always bring you happiness") from his "Second chapter" album.

The one thing that IS noticeably different though is that they used "earlier" tapes for this CD (compared to those from the masters for the SC album) as the recordings on the RJC CD DON'T include the strings/horns etc. stuff that (obviously) Clifford Davis had stuck on to the SC (and other) DK album(s) after the fact in order to make them better (according to his "way of thinking" anyways) but I think (in many cases) they sound better without that string/horn stuff on there but that's just my opinion.

There are also 4 tracks which are earlier VERSIONS of four SC tracks which are interesting listing as well. I hope this (and my review) is of some help anyways and I hope some others can chuck in their opinions on this for you here as well.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 12-22-2002 at 05:04 PM..