View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tampa Bay weighs in:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/popmusic/2...-long-way.html

"It's a Long Way Down the Holiday Road"

Curious convergence of events going on here at Pop Life. I just received the new Lindsey Buckingham live CD/DVD, Live at the Bass Performance Hall, which is mind-blowingly faboo. Seriously, it rocks almighty. That guy might be the most underrated guitar player in the pop pantheon. His baroque reworkings of Trouble and Go Insane are iTunes-worthy and then some. He also tosses in a robust version of Holiday Road, the rollickin' theme from National Lampoon's Vacation, at the tail end of the set (yep, complete with dog barks).

Oddly enough, Steve Spears and I just recorded a raucous, Coppertone-slathered podcast about "Spring Break in the '80s," including the movies, memories and songs associated with hitting the road for rest, relaxation and demoralizing moments in tropical climes. (The show should launch in a day or two.) Anyway, one of the songs we played was Holiday Road, which I'm proud to say I also own on vinyl. Anyway, here ya go, a little Lindsey to brighten your day...or your road trip.