Thread: 1971-1974
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Ledgie

Get Down ChilliD!

Guess I was so busy making sure all my other info was correct that I overlooked the spelling of Bob's name. I'll guarantee that it won't happen again.

John~ I didn't mean to imply that Bob WelCh was not good. He was very good! It's just that when you go to a show expecting your favorite group to be there, and to be playing a similar style of music that originally drew you to them, and they introduce someone in the lead spot who is so much different in appearance, style, and personality, it is somewhat of a let down.

As for Dave Walker. He also was good. But I had seen him with Savoy Brown, and to have him playing Motown with Fleetwood Mac was not my idea of what I wanted to hear.

Dave was a good musician and singer. But he had the bad timing of being a replacement in two groups, and although he was good, he was not, in my opinion, in the same league as his predecessors in either case, and was judged as such.

For you to do a retrospective study of the history of the group. It's easy to go in and say yeah, that's kind of cool. But I was interested in what was my perception of Fleetwood Mac, and no matter how good they were, they were never going to be that.

Doc