Thread: 1971-1974
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just went off on a jag from a line or two in this thread, and a line or two in other recent threads, and just the whole Peter Green or Buckingham/Nicks centric camps. It's a rant against close mindedness and admitting to my own I guess, as well as not making the past out to have been some great perfect zenith that evaporated through cruel fate alone or the creators blowing it. There will always be things you don't get or like about anything but it comes with it because without any downs there are no ups either. Hope I wasn't too negative. I can have reasons for not liking something but I do respect others can get something else from it. I think Mick Fleetwood said something about how Dave Walker was kind of foisted upon them to try to bring them back to classic blues and they had moved on. I personally love his Derelict song with them on Penguin, but I think they did the right thing, so who can disagree with the creators of the music themselves? So often from the outside fans do feel artists have lost their minds and blown it, and maybe sometimes later on the artists might even agree. My favorite group of the last while Stereolab seems to always be changing personel and surprising people at concerts, but two people have been there throughout, kind of like Fleetwood and McVie have been. And the group Yes was always changing line ups and really surprising the fans at the concerts with who would actually be on stage. At one time you could find the 'classic or original' Yes more on another title CD than on actual Yes releases. I agree Welch is a different thing to get from either Green or Spencer and I'd be disappointed on that basis to some extent.

I have seen 'Welsh' and 'Kirwen' used in official CD releases, makes you wonder about how interested the companies are sometimes.